Sunday, May 4, 2008

Heroes were built...

Super Heroes weren't bornt, they were built. Yes, this is the tagline in the trailer of another super hero movie, Iron Man. What is Iron Man? well, Spiderman was bitten by a radioactive spider, Batman was scared by bats when he was a kid, so how bout Iron Man? erm...maybe he was burnt by iron when he was trying hard to iron his shirt. -.-



Alright, back to the topic, i watched this movie Iron Man yesterday. This is 1 of my most waited movie for 2008. Obviously, Iron Man wasn't hurt by iron in his old days. He has no super powers. He is a genius, a millionaire who sells firearms to the US militaries. The Iron Man suit prototype was created when he was under hostile by some terrorist in the middle east. When he was able to return to US, he decided to stop selling weaponry, and start saving the world by the suit he created, of course improved one. Oh, i forgot, his name is Tony Stark.

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark

Like Bruce Wayne (Batman), he has not gifted super powers. What they have is money! The cars in Tony's garage proved that, with Audi R8, Rolls Royce, Saleen S7, etc. What a dream...

The scene that caught my attention is when Iron Man was flying, and was intercept by 2 F22 Raptors because they thought he is an intruder. That scene is funny i think...haha. Oh ya, i found the chinese subtitle very funny at the beginning of the movie. It translate Iron Man as 坚强的男人. wow, wat a tough man

Rhodey, Pepper, Tony, Obadiah


Basically, i do think this movie is worth a watch. I do think it is better than Forbidden Kingdom. oh my, talk about Forbidden Kingdom, that was the 2nd worst movie i watched in 2008 so far. The 1st goes to Cloverfield, *applause*


From the movie, i've learnt that if u wan power, u must have money!! The more u have, the greater u are!!! -.-

Flight stabilizer + weapon, sounds high tech

ok, i m kidding. I did not learnt anything from the movie. C'mon, it's a thriller, and it's meant for Iron Man fans and comic lovers....oh ya...and for kids. So, if u gained something from the movie, please let me know. You r either a geek, or a kid. :p


Overall, i will rate this movie 4 out of 5.

2 comments:

Pei Shian said...

haha... i oso thk tat da chinese subtitle somthin wrong. bside 坚强的男人 u mentioned, thy even translate iron man as 妖怪 at da part whr those US militarty found him in sky. bt anyway, this movie realli worth to watch it, summore robert downy jr vy 'ying'! i wil rate it 4.2 over 5!

Anonymous said...

I used to imagine myself living in a world with heroes, where good exists and fairy tales are true. Before the reality hits me cruel and hard, I hold strong the belief that someday, I will meet my hero; and lastly, I shall be saved.

Now, I guess, I will not ever be saved. Perhaps never in this life. Because heroes exist only in dreams. When all of my dreams are dead, I've learn to never to trust in heroes.